Dear Montessori School Owner,
COMPULSORY CHILDREN’S LEVY PAYMENT
At the 2005 AGM it was unanimously agreed by the school owners and principals that a levy be placed on all children in Montessori Schools so that the work carried out by the executive committee (ExCo) could be funded. A further increase to the child levy was accepted at the 2016 AGM.
The idea is that the levy is either recovered directly from the parents or that the amount within be added to next year's fees and then handed over to SAMA. Schools that really cannot afford the levy can apply for exemption in writing to the ExCo. Schools will be invoiced for the amount of R5 (five rand) per child per month. The Child
Levy payment can be paid for by choosing one of two options:
1. The levy payment can be paid once per annum (January to December) at the end of January each year – the number of children at the beginning of January will determine the amount paid,
2. The levy payment can be made once a quarter as one quarter of the annual fees calculated at the beginning of January.
When payment for Child Levy is made, please use SCHOOL NAME+LEVY as the reference, and email your proof. If you have any queries, please contact the SAMA Administrator on email@example.com ANNEXURE B
Terms and conditions
SAMA member logo
1. Institutional Members may use the logo provided on their websites and stationery.
2. The SAMA logo may not be used in printed advertisements or similar without the written permission of the National Executive Committee.
3. The SAMA logo may only be used by paid up members.
4. Please note that should your organisation cease to be a SAMA member for any reason whatsoever the SAMA logo should be removed from all stationery, website or any other medium in which it is displayed.
5. Please sign below accepting use of the SAMA logo.
1. The School - including the Head of School and all school employees - agrees to abide by the SAMA Code of Conduct.
2. SAMA is a member of the National Alliance of Independent Schools Associations (NAISA). According to NAISA, all member schools (elementary/primary level and higher) of an association must comply with the law and be registered as an independent school with their provincial education department. Thus this is a requirement for membership with SAMA. Additional proof of registration will be requested.
3. Payment of Child Levy is compulsory for School members that are operational. The details of the Child Levy appear in Annexure A.
4. Schools should employ faculty that meets the legal requirements and are able to maintain the Montessori prepared environment and deliver the SAMA Montessori curriculum.
5. School members must agree to work towards full compliance with the requirements of each tier membership within the predetermined timeframe.
6. Schools must prove that they are either registered with all the relevant departments, or have made every reasonable effort to do so.
7. When renewing membership, details should be provided of progress towards full registration and compliance with the relevant regulations and SAMA principles.